Bruno Napoli has a background in the Home Cinema scene in Paris, France. Which over the years, evolved into luxury smart home integration. He is a columnist for Smart Integrations Mag and served as co-founder of Krika, a remote monitoring platform for integrated AV and smart home systems.
Highlights From This Episode
- Custom Installers may resist remote network monitoring because they are forced to use the network – they’d rather be doing AV.
- Even if the value proposition is clear, the market may still not adopt it – this is the life of an entrepreneur.
- End users should be informed that is their responsibility to keep network devices up to date – or offered a service contract.
- Start the conversation with service and maintenance instead of features
- Communicate to the customer that you will be there for them and you are not a sales sniper (one shot, one kill, next customer).
- Residential installers should team up with IT companies to service the network.
- Controlling home systems has safety repercussions that are often overlooked.
Mentioned In This Episode
Krika, Kaleidescape, CEPro, ihiji, Domotz, Oversee, Snap AV, Backpack, Packedge, Control4, Crestron