Fred Loucks, CTO of Level 3 Audiovisual, takes us on his journey to answer one question: How do you get visibility of audiovisual systems at scale?
We learn some cool new phrases like “Automated remediation” and “Signatures of common issues” and dig deep into…
- Program Management from designing, deploying and updating with a focus on administration.
- How programming let him rollout 3000 Zoom Rooms in two weekends with a one-man team.
- The real costs of downtime and disruptions including productivity loss, embarrassment and loss of confidence.
- How collecting data adds value by answering questions – it starts with monitoring.
- Why there is resistance to AV monitoring tools.
- Wrangling the chaos of API’s and protocols to create a data model.
- Why to avoid devices that are not observable.
- A day in the life of a support NOC technician.
- Defining a service status for AV systems in order to present an SLA.
- Why monitoring is incomplete without remote access, documentation and domain knowledge.
- The challenges of creating an AV NOC including deep integration with customer networks and staffing.
- Thinking about management instead of control.