Thomas Walter is the Strategic Product Marketing Manager for NEC Display Solutions Europe where he also served as product manager for public display solutions. He’s also served as Product and Sales Manager for Sanyo Sales & Marketing Europe.
Highlights From This Episode
- Open Modular Intelligence allows a product to be customised in ways a manufacturer cannot forsee.
- The lifetime of a computing device is usually shorter than a displays. Modular solutions address this.
- Digital Signage is the most common application of on board computing.
- Operational benefits include device control for power saving and using sensors to adjust content based on the current environment.
- OPS (Open Pluggable Specification) Slots allow third party computing power and video signal interfaces such as HD-BaseT in a standardised format.
Mentioned In This Episode
NEC, Raspberry Pi, SDVoE, ISE, Screenly, Yodeck
Display Trends Forum 2016 – NEC Teams Up With Raspberry Pi
KFC Case Study
NEC Open Modular Intelligence – OPS and Raspberry Pi
NEC’s Open Modular Intelligence (OMi) platform
NEC / Raspberry Pi Compute Module FAQ’s